Do you know your online friend’s location? Do you have any idea where they belong? It’s imperative to find out every detail about the person you want to trust. Everyone on the Internet connects through an IP address. Hence we can find the IP address of our Friends to obtain information about them. In this article, we explain how to get your friend’s IP Address.
In the world of the Internet, an IP address is valuable. To use the Internet, you need an IP Address. Every device connected to the Internet has its IP address. So it’s easy to get details about the person through an IP address.
Table of contents
Use Email Header to Find Friend’s IP Address
If someone emails you and you’re curious about who they are, you can acquire information about them by taking note of their IP address from the email.
We already share this method in our previous post. You can read our full guide: How to Find the IP address of email sender in Gmail?
Find IP Address Through Grabify
Your Friends won’t believe you and click on the link if you provide them with a direct link to retrieve their IP address. Therefore, to obtain an IP address through a link, use Grabify.
Follow the below steps to lure your friends:
- Firstly, choose a link.
- Then open the Grabify website and paste the link(you copy it in the first step).
- After that, click on the create URL option.
- Next, if you want to do some customization then you can do.
- Now send the Grabify URL to your friend.
- Next, refresh the page to check, if he clicks on your link or not.
- If your friend clicks on your link, you will get his details along with his IP address below.
Customize the URL if you think your friends know about Grabify. Watch the following video tutorial to learn the steps:
Grab the IP Address of Your Friend through WhatsApp
Does your friend send you a fake location on WhatsApp and you’re curious to know his real location? You have to get his IP address to know his actual location.
Follow the below steps to get a friend’s IP address through WhatsApp:
- Firstly, download and install the application Packet Capture.
- Then open the application.
- Next, tap on the play button with the a1 symbol.
- After that, add the WhatsApp application.
- Next, open the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Then call the person whose IP address you want to know. Hang up the call, once your friend picks up the call.
- After that, open the Packet Capture app.
- You will get your Friends IP.
Still unclear? Don’t worry, watch the instructional video below:
We hope the information in this blog post has helped you find your friend’s IP Address! Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. We would love to hear from you!