Thousands of people have lost their jobs and other sources of income because of COVID-19. Therefore, the South African Government introduced the R350 Grant, also known as Social Reliance and Development. R350 Grant helps people to get back to their everyday lives. This article aims to provide information on applying for R350 Grant on Whatsapp. Let’s see how to apply.
R350 Grant application is free of charge.
How to Apply for R350 Grant?
- Firstly, save the following phone number: (+27) 082 046 8553.
- Then open the WhatsApp chat and send Sassa to that number.
- After that, you will receive a message with 4 options.
- Then reply with the SRD word(R350 Grant).
- Afterward, you will receive a message allowing you to choose whether to apply for yourself or someone else. In that case, you have the choice between option 1 and option 2.
Note: R350 Grant is not payable to people over the age of 60.
- The next message will ask you for your full name, so please respond with your full name.
- After that, reply to the next message with your surname only.
- Then reply with a YES message to accept terms and conditions.
- Then send your Home Address.
- After that, choose your citizenship.
- Now you will receive a reference number, link, and OTP.
- Next, click on the link and complete your application.
So these are the steps that you have to follow to apply for the R350 grant on WhatsApp.
Once the application is approved, you will receive a message requesting banking details. To ensure that the R350 Grant payment is made to the correct recipient, the bank account or cellphone number must be registered in the name of the approved applicant. A direct deposit of the payment will be made into a beneficiary’s bank account who provides their bank details.
If you don’t have a bank account, you will receive payment through the post office.
If you want to apply offline for R350 Grant, you must visit the nearest SASSA office.
Who can Apply for R350 Grant?
- South African Citizen
- Above the Age of 18
- Unemployed(Not receiving any social grant).
If you’re over 60 years, then you can apply for an Old Age Grant.
No physical documents are required when you apply through WhatsApp. SASSA shall conduct online verification of personal information supplied through other alternative electronic means of data verification.
I hope this article will help you a lot. Please share this article with your friends if you like it.