The QR code, also known as Quick Response, is a two-dimensional barcode. It was created in 1994 by the Japanese company Denso Wave. Nowadays, QR codes are used all over the world. This post will explain how to scan a QR code on Android and iPhone with/without any app.
Table of contents
- How to Read QR Code Without App
- How to Decode QR Code with Google Lens Application
- Read QR Code With Third-Party Apps
- How to Decode Bar Code Without Camera
QR code scanner decodes the information stored in the code. We do not need any special tools to scan QR codes. We can scan do it with Android devices. There are many ways to scan QR codes that are listed below:
How to Read QR Code Without App
Using Mobile Camera
On Android Device
- Open mobile setting>apps.
- Tap on the System app setting.
- Click on the Camera app.
- Then Enable Scan QR Codes.
Now your mobile camera can scan a QR code.
On iPhone Device
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- QR code should be visible in the camera.
- You will receive a notification via your device once the code is recognized.
- To access the QR code destination, click on the notification.
- Go to this link https://qrcodescan.in/
- Permit to use your camera.
- Now it can decode a QR code.
How to Decode QR Code with Google Lens Application
You can access Google Lens by opening Google Assistant. You can access Google Assistant by saying “hey google” or long-pressing the home button”. After clicking on the Google Lens icon(Left-hand side). Give Camera Access to the Google Lens app. After that, you can decode QR Code.
You can also install the Google Lens app from Google Play Store.
- First of all, install Google Photos app updated version.
- Then permit photos permission to Google Photos app.
- After that, All of your images will appear in the Google Photos app.
- Open the QR code image and tap on the Google Lens icon.
- After that, it will display decode information.
Read QR Code With Third-Party Apps
You can also use third-party apps to read and decode QR codes. The apps that we share below is available on both Google and iPhone app store.
- Download and Install Bar-Code Reader from Google and iPhone store.
- Open the application and permit camera permission to the app.
- Then scan Bar-Code and information will appear.
Some Other Applications for Barcode Scanner
- Kaspersky QR Scanner – Android Link – iPhone Link
- Neoreader Barcode Scanner – Android Link – iPhone Link
- QR & Barcode Reader by Gamma Play – Android Link – iPhone Link
How to Decode Bar Code Without Camera
- Open this link https://www.onlinebarcodereader.com/
- Tap on choose file and upload a QR Code file.
- Then click on the start button and information will appear.
- Done !!
We have discussed several QR code scanner methods above. I hope this article helped you! Please share this article with your friends if you find it useful.