While working, many people listen to music. But the YouTube app doesn’t run in the background. Therefore, you can’t listen to YouTube music in the background. You’re on the right page if you’re looking to solve this problem. This post will teach us how to run YouTube in the background on Android and iOS devices.
If you’re working on a laptop or PC, you can play YouTube videos in the background. But the YouTube app for smartphones does not support the background mode.
Methods to Run YouTube in the Background
Below are the top 5 ways to run YouTube in the background.
Chrome or Safari Browser
You can use a web browser to run YouTube in the background. Follow these steps to play YouTube videos in the background:
- Firstly, open the web browser on your device.
- Chrome on an Android Device.
- Safari on an iOS Device.
- Afterward, open the YouTube website in the browser.
- After that, click on the three-dots icon in the top-right corner.
- Next, choose the option open desktop site.
- Now you can play any YouTube video in the background.
You can control the YouTube video from the notification bar.
YouTube Premium is known as YouTube Red. With a YouTube Premium subscription, you can manually turn on or off the background playback feature.
- Firstly, open the YouTube application.
- Then click on the profile icon.
- Next, go to settings.
- After that, click on Background & Download.
- In the background Playback section, tap on the playback option.
- Then choose Always On or Headphones or External Speakers.
You can now run YouTube in the background.
The YouTube Vanced company ceased offering its services after Google filed a lawsuit against them. But the existing version of the app is still in working mode. However, you will not receive any future updates.
In that case, you can use the other alternatives of the YouTube Vanced app to play YouTube videos in the background.
Also Read: How to Remove YouTube Advertisement?
- Firstly, download and install the Brave browser on your Android and iOS device.
- Then open the browser and go to the settings tab.
- After that, open the site settings option.
- Then click on the media>Background video playback option.
- Next, enable the Background video playback option.
- Afterward, relaunch the browser.
- Now open the browser again and play the video on YouTube.
Congrats!! Now you can run YouTube in the background.
Also Read: How to Open YouTube Channel and Make Money?
VPN to Play YouTube in the Background
VPN also can help you to run YouTube in the background.
- Firstly, download and install the VPN.
- Then open the VPN.
- Next, connect to the USA country.
- After that, connect to the USA country
- Next, open the YouTube app and play any video.
Now you can open any other app while the YouTube video keeps playing.
Run YouTube in the Background: Last Words
Tell me in the comment section which method works for you from the given ones.
I love to play games with background music. But the YouTube app doesn’t work in the background. That’s why I am looking for a solution to this problem. Finally, I got some of the best methods to play YouTube videos in the background. Now I can play games while listening to my favourite song.
I hope this article will help you a lot. Please share this article with your friends if you like it. Share your valuable thoughts and suggestions in the comment section below.
Is there a way to Run YouTube in the Background on Android?
Yes, you can run YouTube in the background on an Android device. For that, you can use Brave, Chrome, or Safari browser. In addition, third-party apps are also an option.